There are two components to your 10 % participation mark:
- Your active participation in the course, including quizzes, forums, class discussions and preparation for class.
- Your group presentation/introduction to a film.
- In this assignment, students will introduce the film of discussion. You may do this alone or with a partner. You will present such findings as the director's other films, the actors's film histories, and reviews of the film. Your research will be informal. For example, you could inform the class about the bus since Chris McCandless's death, or the medical components of Alzheimer's in Away from Her.
- It is not essential that you have seen the film. The task is to prepare the students for the viewing.
- You could also simply present some fun facts about the film, and its production.
- I do not want to hear information that was simply cut and pasted from Wikipedia or a similar source. Instead, think about literary scenes that you are curious about how they will be translated. What are the key themes that interest you? Is there a film term we should be aware of?
Please email me your pair/group and topic by Sept 13.